Sunday, November 25, 2007

Motivation

Damon and I just spent 12 days in Loreto, Mexico on the Baja. Days filled with relaxation, snorkeling, driving around, reading, kayaking, playing with stray dogs, long moments drinking very bad and very good coffee, staring into space, and in the end getting silly. Vacation always gives perspective. The perspective usually adds to already busy days of the future. I must exercise daily, stop eating out, learn spanish, clean more, save more money, get organized, be a better employee, stay in better touch with friends and family, meet more people, and somehow learn to love Yakima. It all seems so easy - all those things you are going to do after the vacation - while you are downing your second cup of coffee watching the stray dogs circle the block for the third time. Maybe this time I will actually start living the way my vacation muddled mind dictates or at least I will have to document my failure. This will be my motivation.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Oh my! Girl you know how to say it! I am eager to read more...I wish I was as elegant with my words. I am adding you to my blog roll...LOVE IT!

One Love Photo said...

Also wanted to say I love the font and the change in font sizes along with your great words. Have a good week entering reality again. Miss You!