Thursday, May 15, 2008

She is not my dog, she is my friend - Jeff

Some very bad news this week. Mia has been ill for awhile. Jeff's dog for those of you who don't know. She wasn't just a dog - she was a friend. She had the best life that a dog could have. As a puppy she had not just one owner but a community. Mia spent her time on the couch, waiting for someone to come home and take her somewhere. Maybe a hike, maybe a visit to friends houses, maybe just to get tied to a bike rack while someone was in class. She had a very good friend for awhile named Charlotte. Charlotte would come to the door and see if Mia could play. Word was she was the mayors dog. Sometimes Charlotte even got to go for a hike. Mia probably saw more of the West than most people. She wasn't fed people food until the grand canyon and a girl named Aurora gave her McDonalds. Mia then travelled to Riggins with her best friend Jeff and became a river dog. She rafted the river like a pro - even when I was too scared for the river - Mia was ready to go. Mia joined her best friend, Jeff in his wedding to Judy. Then Mia became a big sister to a dog named Gabby who I am sure learned from Mia. We will all miss Mia. Our good and wonderful friend. We can all learn from Mia - always ready to go, never concerned where. Following are some photos.





2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

oh, I am so sad. Mia was the perfect little dog...(even when she got a little bitchy). I loved how somehow she appeared in most of Jeff and Judy's wedding photos. It was like where's Waldo but where's Mia instead. I loved that little lady. She did have the best life ever, better than most people. I just thought she would live forever, camping and floating rivers. I guess she probably will...just above us all somewhere. I am so sad for Jeff and Judy right now. RIP Ms. Mia!

Anonymous said...

How sad. We know how Jeff feels. It's been over five months since Syd died and there is still a gap. Just last night we were out on the patio and I half expected her to lay down beside us and enjoy the evening, too. Yes, RIP, Ms. Mia!