Sunday, May 4, 2008

Girls Weekend - Orcas Island



How do you do it justice? Time to just be. Usual thoughts and worries slip away as we climb in Ember's car to drive around the island. People in the back, people sitting in the front. Giggling down the road to pick up Sylvia, who went for a run and went so far she needed us to pick her up. We are not sure where she is, but no one is concerned, she will be found. Then we will go to the dump where goods are exchanged. There is only 10 minutes left to find a treasure. No one is concerned. Then Heather needs to go scout a place where she is doing a wedding. Half of us go. The drive turns into a sightseeing trip to the top of the island. We are blessed with an amazing view and even more laughter. On the way back, the breaks in the car smell like they are about to give out. No one is concerned. A phone call to everyone else brings us to a restaurant for dinner. After lots of crafting, which I avoided, we play a game of Balderdash. I am not sure we are really playing a game, but we laugh a lot, and no one is concerned At the end of the weekend, we all say goodbye. Hopefully it won't be long until we get together again we say. We will see each other for an hour or two in the meantime. But it will be at least another year until we can do a girls weekend again, where all of life's stress melts away and the stress free personalities of yesterday surface. Until then, maybe someone could explain how Heather's hair is always so fabulous on girl's weekend?





4 comments:

One Love Photo said...

oh you got me again! Why do I let you photograph the madness! I am such a sucker. Love the beach photo, I think that is one of the only ones with me in it. I thought we are doing a winter girls weekend at white pass? What is this one year nonsense! Plus we need another evening this summer to plan our San Miguel villa getaway. It was so nice to catch up but too short. I think we needed one more day. I love it when the monster comes out!

Anonymous said...

Ember's face says it all. Just seeing her laugh so hard put a smile on my face.

Taryn said...

Cory!!! Amber found me on facebook and just let me to your blog, how fun to find it! How are you?! I'd love to catch up with you! Send me a note - tarynmbf at hotmail. I hope you're well! And congrats on the wedding!!

One Love Photo said...

Just read your post again (sometimes I have to come back for seconds). Oh how I want my stress free self of yesterday to surface more. She peaks out here and there. Last night at 12:30 I suddenly busted out a very loud opera style yodel, talk about an awesome stress relief! I don't know where it came from but I scared Jon which made it even funnier. You have to do it loud and do it 3 times. Try it!