Monday, September 22, 2008

Here comes the rain

Here comes the rain. We road the tandem from Spokane to Coure de Alene. It is about 40 miles and I think Damon does all of the work since it wasn't all that hard. Saturday was beautiful weather. There was rest stop with a bunch of bunnies. They live in junipers and probably eat what the people at the rest stop feed them. I fed them carrots from the snack thing at our bike rest stop. We got there and had a leisurely day in Coure de Alene with more than one nap and a dinner at the brewery as part of ride. We walked since we had no car. The people that road 100 miles took a taxi. The next morning we awoke to pouring rain and no way to get back to our cars except to ride. Damon said "you like the rain, so this won't be that bad". I do like the rain, sitting in the house in front of the fire with a good book, not riding a bike. We rode with water in our shoes. Everyone was in good spirits and we PR'd on the ride back. Then we got baked potatoes at the hotel we stayed at on Friday. I'll add a picture later since I am in class.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Oh man that sounds FUN! I need an out of my comfort zone experience just like that. Preferably with someone doing all the work! Can't wait to see the photos!

Anonymous said...

Cam and I took the kids on a hike in the pouring down rain last weekend (they were covered). It felt really refreshing because it's not butt-ass cold yet. It totally reminds me of high school soccer practice to exercise in the rain. And it makes me feel like I got such a good workout because it looks like I sweated a lot, but it's really just rain!