Monday, March 23, 2009

I passed!

A blood test. About a week and a half ago I failed my glucose test. It was a shock, I really still don't believe it. I can eat sugar with the best of them. Basically, you get to drink a really nasty sugar drink and sit for an hour then they take blood. It pretty much sucks. And then the results came back that I failed. So for failing you get to be really lucky and drink a twice as nasty sugar drink, give blood every 3 hours while sitting in a doctor's office. In order to avoid missing more work than I have lately I went to a clinic in the bad part of town that is open on Saturday's. I was told to get there early and get as close to the front of the line since my test took 3 hours and they are only open 4 hours. So as soon as people started lining up, I jumped in line, number 3. Well, eventually there isn't really a line, just a mob. I still ended up near the front. But by the time they figured out my insurance, I was like number 10. Then they take you back in a big group to give labs. I got called back pretty quick since my test would take 3 hours. They take blood first. And then they give you this nasty drink. I am pounding it as fast as possible. They tell you to do that because it makes you less sick. And you have to be fasting to take this stupid test. They're pretty concerned that you are going to get sick and throw up. Other people told me if you throw up, it is an automatic failure, then off to being a high risk pregnant person with more stupid doctor's appointment. There was no way I was going to throw up. Then the lady starts bringing in other people to take their blood, right in front of me. That will make me puke, I hate the sight of blood. Anyhow, I made it through the awful Saturday. Today I found out I passed and my numbers are even low. So if you ever have to take the first stupid glucose test, don't eat breakfast. Now I am free to binge on candy!

3 comments:

One Love Photo said...

oh yea, happy news! I say from now on no more weekend trips to the doctor just take the time off. GO get some gummies!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Sweet. Sorry you had to take the 3-hour. But, yeah, you don't want to be high risk. Candy on!

The Mancino Chronicles said...

congrats on passing your test. hope you are feeling good. I take mine this coming week. Hope I pass too.