Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This how the blog started


"Vacation always gives perspective. The perspective usually adds to already busy days of the future. I must exercise daily, stop eating out, learn spanish, clean more, save more money, get organized, be a better employee, stay in better touch with friends and family, meet more people, and somehow learn to love Yakima. It all seems so easy - all those things you are going to do after the vacation - while you are downing your second cup of coffee watching the stray dogs circle the block for the third time." I need to focus on something that I can do everyday - so it looks like exercise and eating healthy.
I am trying to reorient back to this perspective without a vacation in sight. Part of this is self imposed and part is because Damon can't take vacation in summer. Then we don't know where we want to go, how long is the flight, should we spend the money this year. Responsibility sucks. Some places in the running are Guatamala, Mexico, a winter ski vacation.
Today I will try and pretend like I am on vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nicdokumae web site