Friday, August 29, 2008

Carnies a tribute to the book Water for Elephants



Who doesn't love a carnie? Damon and I went to the Yakima fair one year and the dart balloon guy had narcelepsy and was falling asleep when he yelled for you to win one of those mirrored picture thingy's. He had quite a crowd of his own watching him. These are pictures from Zillah where I used to pick up one of my carpoolers. He left, only stayed 8 months or so. He was clinically depressed a month after moving to Zillah and starting to work with us. It is a rough job and he had the added stress of a wife and 4 children adjusting to life in the Valley. His back fence touched this carnival. He was afraid for his 12 year old daughter because she wanted to spend time at the carnival. I loved the fact that the Carnies were there for like 2 weeks before the two day carnival - so I got an up close and personal look at the carnie camp. Of course they were never up on our way to work. I got an email saying my carpooler got a job he really wanted and doesn't have to commute very far in the town he grew up in. I feel like that book/movie about the orphanage where the doctor teaches the orphan to do abortions. My coworker found his forever home (just like Rock, too). I hope I too will find my forever home soon (jobwise).

No comments: