Thursday, May 28, 2009

We road the canyon for a day this year. As a big treat, my parents and aunt joined me slowly make my way through the canyon. This is one of my favorite things because it is so beautiful. Mom and I made it about 9 miles in and back, which I considered pretty good. And dad made it all the way to the end, 35 miles. It was HOT and the baby started getting really really uncomfortable the last few miles, but we did it. Next year we (or Damon) will be pulling the baby and I will either be happily riding on tandem or on my own. I can't wait. Join us next year, it is my favorite Yakima event.



It is never too late to remember Girl's weekend on Orcas Island, where one picture of big sunglasses is never enough, and one picture of Suzy is never enough. This year was filled again, with crafting, laughing, and junking. We had three pregnant people this year and are wondering what the ratio will be next year. NOT IT! Of course I was sad my favorite life of the party was missing, but that will make next time all the more special. Kate - thank your mom again for her hospitality!! I love the next picture.



Last night we went to our first birthing class. It is early, but the class was being taught for the last time. We felt like we stepped into the movie set of Juno, with pregnant teenagers in polka dots and all. I am pretty sure there was also a gangster present (rat tail and all). We learned a little and felt really uncomfortable a lot. The most disturbing thing I learned is when you are at the hospital you aren't allowed to eat or drink anything but water and popsicles. Me - "that is stupid, I didn't climb mount rainier on popsicles, let's give birth at home"...Damon - "my friend at work gave birth at home and could only find someone to attend in the TriCities. they didn't make it in time. no way." So hospital and starvation it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three months left. Almost there! Stay cool. Oh, and just sneak food into the hospital. We totally did. They can't keep Damon from eating and when the nurse walks out, just take a bite of his food.