Monday, June 15, 2009

3 weekends without school


Last weekend, I got to spend some time with the Mims, the Tschimperles, and the Sabaris and their band of crazy boys. It is so fun to see all of their personalities. I am so excited to have our own to come and play. After leaving there, I was so tired and all I did was sit in the sun. Jill and Todd are lucky to have such a great place to go and spend time. This first weekend of no school was not so exciting. The house got cleaned after 3 weeks of dirt. And Damon cleaned the garage. This was a huge accomplishment, since it has been almost 4 years of opening the door and throwing things in. If I wasn't so lazy, I would go out and take a picture. Today marks 32 weeks of being pregnant, which translates to 8 months and 9 more weeks to go. We did the hospital tour. We are really lucky here to have a hospital (3 minutes away) with lots of birthing suites and two jacuzzis. It is just funny what your mind does. When they talked about jacuzzis, I pictured a big room with a full size hot tub that you would be hanging out in. It is similar to the bathtub jacuzzi that Mom and Dad have. Nice, but not where you would want to spend tons of time. Then the room is like a nice hotel room, with this little tiny bed in the middle that you hopefully flop around on and then a baby comes out. If you really want some good people watching, you can hang out in the waiting room. I am making jokes about it, but we are really pretty lucky to be so close to a good hospital. Our last doctors appointment went really well. They remembered how many weeks I was pregnant (yay), even knew what tests I had done (yay) and the results. We were in and out in under a half hour. And the midwife lets her patients eat, at least until you throw up. I guess there is one birthing room with a squat bar and birthing chair that only her and another doctor at the clinic patients use and so there is a good chance we'll get it. She does 10-15 births a month. That seems like a lot to me. August is a big month for babies - so hopefully we won't have to have the baby in the hallway. At that point we can just turn around and go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is he moving a lot now? Belly looks great!