Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's all an act

We are home from the hospital, finally. And we made it through our first night at home. I am pretty sure I said about 50 times in the last few months "after the last year, how hard can it be to take care of a baby". Come to find out... During the day, it is easy to keep your cool and the Bryce seems like he is pretty mellow. Then as soon as it is bedtime comes all hell breaks loose. How do you do that stupid swaddle again? Which soon ends up with everyone in tears trying to do that stupid swaddle for hours. It was like baby a store exploded. Where is a newborn t-shirt, how do we not have a single newborn t shirt in all this stuff. About 3 am we got smart and threw in the video "Happiest Baby on the Block" and finally figured out how to swaddle. That left us sleeping from about 4 to 8:30 am. I am just glad I have pain meds to get through this. Poor Damon, life is hard.

3 comments:

The Mancino Chronicles said...

I hear ya. The Happiest Baby on the Block info is the only thing that saved us too. We listen to Fast & Vigorous heartbeat music all the time now. It is my favorite track...yeah right. Anyway, sounds like you are both doing great. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Cam was always WAY better at swaddling than I was. You'll get the hang of it! And as soon as you have it down pat, you won't need it anymore.

One Love Photo said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard. I think this is my favorite blog post of all time. Too funny, wish I could be a fly on the wall.