Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh fussy baby, I'll do anything to make you happy!

We had a nice visit from Aunt Sandy yesterday. It was great to have an extra set of hands. Bryce got some new dangly toys so he can start his development. I think it wore him out. Surprisingly, Bryce slept good last night after sleeping from 2 pm to 7 pm, he still slept from 8:45 pm to 12:45 am. Then he was up about every two hours after that. For some reason I am extra tired and we kept going back to sleep until 8 am. At 6 am Bryce wanted to be up, but I put him in the bassinet pulled right up to the bed and read to him from my book. I fell fast asleep, I hope he did too. Then we got up and Bryce got his first real bath, since he finally lost his stinky belly button. We are supposed to bath him every 2-3 days, and we have only bathed him 3 times so far. He was quiet for the bath, he probably knew how freaked out I was of him slipping out of my hands. After the bath, the crying started again. We packed up and headed to the nearest Starbucks drive through. I didn't care that there was 10 cars in line He cried as I flipped through the channels, classical no, country no, AC/DC no, the Police...quiet. Ahhh. Now he is sacked out in the Ergo Baby, but I am pretty sure he won't let me put him down. The to do list is out the window, and I am going to spend the day trying to keep Bryce from crying. I think Kitty and Tarn agree, their ears probaby really hurt.

2 comments:

The Mancino Chronicles said...

sounds like you are doing a great job so far. I know what you mean about just trying to keep them from crying...you'll do anything. Have you tried playing the dvd from happiest baby on the block, the fast and vigorous one was my only saving grace sometimes. It shut up Max instantly...a little freaky if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. And sometimes there is just nothing that works no matter what you try. Oh, and don't you hate people who go through the Starbucks drive through that DON'T have screaming kids in the car? I just want to tell them to get their lazy butts out of the car so people who CAN'T get out can use the drive through!