Friday, March 28, 2008

Long Winded






This week we got the biggest treat. Wedding photos from Heather (One Love Photo - See her fabulous blog on my blogroll). They were so fun to look through and crack up. The dancing, the conga line and the self portraits made me giggle. Oh ya, and the wedding day poker game. Of course I would not have it any other way. Here is the link. http://onelovephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings
Password: kingsbury (lowercase)
Last Saturday on way to Ellensburg, I got to do the little book. I must be out of shape because my legs were so sore. Damon road his bike there, we passed him on the way in the car, and then he hiked up a little to meet us on our way down. What does Tarn think? Damon just appears out of no where. He doesn't even act like it is weird. Maybe he is less intelligent than I give him credit for. Unfortunately we were unable to make it across the pass for Easter. The pass was open and we pulled off to drive up to Alpental as a side trip. As we got off the freeway a yellow dog was trying to make his way up the exit. We drove by and then had to go back. We were able to get him on a leash. He was so cute wagging his tail and hopped right in the car. I called the number on the tag and his family had a cabin less than a block away. So much for the big rescue, but definitely alleviated some of my guilt. Then we drove to Alpental and by the time we got back the pass was closed. We were able to visit with friends Gary and Chris on Saturday. On Sunday, our own special Easter bunny stopped by (see picture). I spent all day reading 'Atonement' our book club book. It was the greatest day because I had to read, but I wanted to read. There was no guilt about wasting the whole day reading. I went to the gym and read, I sat on the couch and read, I read while cooking (okay maybe not that – I can't remember). I was like my very own Dr. Seuss book. The book got finished and then the book club meeting disintegrated. Even I tried to cancel last minute, but Celisa – she calls herself the co-chair, I call her the book club bully – fondly of course would not let me cancel. We had a great time sharing our thoughts about the book and everything else. Our next book is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan if anyone wants to read from afar.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos of the wedding. The self portraits cracked me up!

The Mancino Chronicles said...

what a great day it looks like, your wedding. your smile says it all.

One Love Photo said...

Love Tarn as a bunny! Glad you have been enjoying the photos. So sorry for how long it took! I saw "Atonement" at the Blue Mouse. It was beautiful but wierd. I bet it was a good read, books are always better you know. Except "Into the Wild" I liked the movie more. My Mom and sister are starting our own book club and the 1st read is "Water for Elephants" it even has questions in the back, would highly recommend it for the club. I am half way through and am trying to save some for the plane next week. But it's so good I may not be able to hold out.