Thursday, March 6, 2008

I have been fasting, not blogging


This weekend we were on the west side for another race. My parents were the super hosts. Damon was pretty happy with his racing. I got to spend some time with my family and then go to a movie with Jon and Heather. We actually made it to a movie. I think that is a first. And I stayed up later than Jon. I know that is a first.

On Monday morning I decided to do a 3 day juice fast. (It lasted about 68 hours). I have done it before a couple of times, and it usually required some research and prep. This time I just started it and went three days. I really didn't even want to eat. It was almost a relief not to have to always be thinking about what to eat, where to get it, is healthy, and is it a bunch of wasteful packaging. So it was a nice way to eliminate some of the things to think about. I took yesterday afternoon off, knowing that I would probably be too out of it to deal with work.

Another great benefit was that I just floated through all of my lovely Wednesday meetings. Usually I am too amped up to deal with the blah blah of meetings. Yesterday I just thought to myself "Oh boy, they are yelling at each other, that is kind of funny. What is that on the wall up there?"

You are supposed to end fasts gradually. My fast ended first with a bowl of cheerios then meeting Gary and Chris at Buhrmaster bakery. Bread, olive oil, garlic, a panini, beers and then I am embarrassed to admit, making Damon stop at McDonalds. Oh well.


Benefits of juice fasting

In addition to promoting the excretion of toxins and decreasing congestive symptoms, juice fasting is believed to have the following benefits:

Eliminates most food allergies and sensitivities.

Reduces the burden on the digestive system, allowing it to heal.

Releases pesticides, drugs, and other chemicals from stored fat, which can then be eliminated.

Enhances mental, physical, and spiritual well-being

Has less severe withdrawal symptoms than a water fast.

Increased energy

Mental clarity

Glowing skin

Prevents chronic diseases caused by poor diet and lifestyle

Clears mucus dishcharge

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Good for YOU! I keep thinking about doing this again. I have read that doing a fast once a week, can really do your body good. Even 1 day a week of just fruit is suppose to be really good. OK you have inspired me---NEXT WEEK! Don't you love the way our pants fit today? (even after McDonalds).