Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pretty Art


This weekend I was headed over for Janice's baby shower and I got a 2 for 1 opportunity. Craft night at Embers. Arriving at Ember's, I wasn't sure what house until I saw the shadow of Ember's hair bobbing in the window. Entering the house to Leo (3 years old) and Fin (1 years old) dancing like crazy, rolling on the ground, and kicking the air. It was a great pajama show. Then the kids went up stairs and the suitcases of paper and art supplies were busted out. UH-OH. Fortunately while Heather and Kate played show and tell with craft items, Erika arrived and I had someone to talk to. Kate and Heather generously shared their supplies so I could make the beautiful item above for Damon. He loves it. If you look closely you can see the cactus in the cowboy boots. This piece combines some of my favorite things: cactus, red shoes, cowboys, and glitter. The experienced crafters told me stories of other nights where chairs were brought and beautifully adorned with paper. I then got to spend the night with Heather and Jon. When we arrived, Jon was playing beautiful music. We then stayed up until Heather said "It is 3:30!". Jon laughed and reported that meant it was 4:30. So we hit the baby shower on a few hours of sleep. It was nice, casual, and great to catch up with some good friends. Everyone is anxiously awaiting girl's weekend. I am wondering how many suitcases of craft items will cross over to the islands. Needless to say I was exhausted when I arrived home.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Your boot looks hot! I worked on my piece last night until the wee hours. It has been so fun catching up with you this month! It's always like that...just pick up where we left off and giggle. How many days until Orcas? I found a place online to order shrines for all to adorn! YEA!

Anonymous said...

Cory, I LOVE your artwork! Seriously, I think you have a niche here with the cowboy boot art. I think you can check off "find a way to be creative" on your life-list. Besides the boot art, your blog writing and design are very creative!