Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The computer works!

Damon dropped it off at a computer store, and it is a bad battery. Maybe a power surge. So 100$ fixes the problem. We don't have it back yet but hooray to having a laptop again. I finished the book Three Cups of Tea. I'll have to give it the best book read since The Glass Castle. We then went and saw Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden? It went well with Three Cups of Tea and goes with the theory of liking documentaries over anything else. Since it is 100 degrees here, gotta go see movies even if you don't like them. Damon did the MOuntain to Sound relay race this weekend. He had to be at the top of Snoqualmie pass at 7:15. At 6:45 we got a flat tire outside Cle Elem. The tire was quickly pulled off the car only to realize the spare didn't fit. Everything was thrown back in the car and we headed to Cle Elem to find a tire on Sunday before 8 in the morning. Damon has a cell phone but he thought he forgot it, eventually he found it but he dropped a year ago, so he can't see anyone's phone numbers to call them and let them know he is late. They are work people and he doesn't even really know them. So he is most likely going to ruin their relay race. We went to 3 gas stations and finally found out where they sell tires. We went there, right as they were opening the garage. But there was a lot of stress between 6:45 and 7:30. Eventually I started laughing, what else could we do, it was a lost cause to get Damon to this race. That was not the right thing to do. Damon started randomly dialing phone numbers in my phone to try and get his one friends phone number. He called the head of the department at my school. How embarrassing is that? Damon said wrong number and hung up. I had to call back and say we had a flat tire and my psycho husband is randomly calling phone numbers at 7:30 in the morning. Damon got to the race 5 minutes before it started. He rode 50 miles and said it was a nice ride. Tarn and I went and met my friend Kim at the Marymore dog park in Seattle. It was dog heaven, dogs everywhere off leash, running around like crazy. Tarn even went into the water above his belly to meet the 10 great danes that were standing in the water. Then Tarn got stuck behind a fence. I had to climb over and save him and all of the Great Dane dogs had little dog friends that were standing behind the fence. That is all the excitement here - it is hot.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Heard the story from Jon's mouth but liked it much more from yours! Love the frantic no number dialing action (we've all been there). Jon bought Three Cups of Tea at the airport and hasn't started it. If I can ever finish the book I am reading I will start it next.

Anonymous said...

It's taken me five tries to read this post bcuz either S is crying or M is yelling, maaaa maaaa! So I pick up S and only have one hand to type and it takes forever to get anything down. ANYWAY! I used my old cell for a phone book until M killed it for good. Now I don't have any numbers. Just need to go back to old fashioned phone book. As for documentaries, my favorites are Devils Playground and Bowling for Columbine (although I was disappointed by Michael Moore's other films). Oh, and we bought Supersize Me and watch it once a year just to limit our trips to McDonalds.