Monday, August 17, 2009

Today is the big day!!

Bryce's "guess date" and the last day of school. Four IQ tests got done and videotaped in the last two weeks (thanks to Luke and Max my brilliant subjects), 4 reports got written and two tests got taken. We had one crisis on Friday which included a trip to the doctor after a fear of leaking amniotic fluid. My midwife was on an emergency aka a birth. Gotta love that, your appointment is cancelled because there is an emergency. Then I got the overzealous OB two weeks into his first job. He had me worked up with about a 1000$ worth of tests and I was told I could be there all day for more tests including taking a jug home to pee in for 24 hours. That sounded fun. Then a half hour later, he was like "you can go". Okay, I guess everything was fine. Today started out with a bang. Damon was carrying my 4 bags out that I have to take to the tricities. I was following him out in my argyle bright blue and green boxers and bright yellow holey tshirt, when our neighbor (that waters for us) turned the corner. "When is the baby coming?" she asked. "Today is his due date!". Her dog wrapped his leash around Damon. "Are you going to the hospital?" "No school". We should have said the hospital to explain my cute outfit. Damon and I shoved our head in the car and couldn't stop laughing. Tonight I am going to celebrate by going to the grocery store and driving an electric cart. I am so excite!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hillarious! You will KNOW when you are in labor. Wait as long as you can to leave for the hospital. It takes hours and hours. Unless you are insanely lucky. Thinking about you constantly...

The Mancino Chronicles said...

Hey Cory - you have been on my mind. Hope you are feeling well. I can't wait to hear and see all about the baby. Good luck. And yes, Janice is right...you will know when you are in labor and wait as long as you can to go to the hospital.