Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update

Baby Bryce will be born by....Sunday or Monday
We are hoping that he will come on his own before our scheduled 5 am induction on Saturday
He is showing some signs of wanting to be born, however nothing major
I woke up to a contraction last night and found Kitty sleeping on my belly
Oh Kitty
Yesterday we had a non stress test
Bryce passed
It was a rather confusing event since there is a definate communication gap with us and our medtech
Plus, I hadn't researched the test with my usual internet vigor
Note to self, know what you are getting into
The test started in a double room with recliner and two belts
One to measure contractions and one to measure Bryce's heart rate
Our medtech turned to me when we walked in the room "someone forgot to change their diaper"
Yup the room stunk, but the dirty diaper toddler provided some entertainment
Then I got hooked up and no explanation other than the baby needs to move and if he doesn't then we'll wake him up with cold water
Nothing no movement, no contractions
I entertained Damon by rubbing the spots on your shins that make contractions come
It works, wierd
Then they gave me some water, I gave it to Damon and put my hypnosis tapes on the ipod and leaned back in the chair
Contractions started immediately and the Bryce started dancing and his heart rate raised 15 beats twice in 20 minutes - he passed
Damon did great as the 4 different people came in and checked the strip and tried to talk to me with the ipod on...
Lets hope baby Bryce comes today or tomorrow and saves me the 24+ hour ordeal of an induction

3 comments:

The Mancino Chronicles said...

good luck. hope he comes on his own so you don't have to go thru induction. thinking about you all a lot lately. can't wait to see and hear all about it.

Sabari folk said...

If you have to get induced it isnt so bad. Promise. I was induced at 12noon and Harper was here at 5pm. I am so excited for you guys. Let me know when we can come by the hospital. We are leaving town on Sunday afternoon and I would love to see you before I go.

One Love Photo said...

Yea! I am so excited! Who cares how he comes.let's just get him HERE!!!!