Sunday, December 9, 2007

Things to do in this Life



I wrote this list after I went to Mexico in the year 2000 or 2001 with Heather, Jon, Karen, Ember, and Ryan. I can't remember what the date was. Again I was inspired to assess after travelling. I would change it some if I wrote it now. Maybe I will write a new one soon. The bold ones are officially crossed off the list. They are done to my satisfaction. Like being on the beach for a month, since in total I have spent at least that long on the beach, and it isn't for me as a lifestyle. Hey it's my list. Driving down the coast of Baja stays since I have driven around on the Baja, but it isn't accomplished to my satisfaction. It will have to be top to bottom or bottom to top. It can be done easily – so it stays. If you write your own, send it to me. My favorite is number #44.


Written in the year 2000 or 2001



  1. Start a business

  2. Fall in love and get married

  3. Learn Spanish

  4. Hike Half-dome in Yosemite

  5. Climb Mt. Rainier

  6. Go to India/Nepal

  7. Volunteer in a foreign orphanage

  8. Go overland in Africa

  9. Visit Australia

  10. Spend a winter at a ski resort

  11. Be healthy

  12. Have or adopt children

  13. Own a home or cabin

  14. Save 1 million dollars

  15. Study yoga

  16. Cherish my family

  17. Find something I love as a job

  18. Write a book

  19. Study psychology

  20. Be a tour guide

  21. Figure out how to be an artist

  22. Have a dog

  23. Spend a month on the beach

  24. Own a Volkswagen van

  25. Backpack for a week

  26. Buy a bike

  27. Eat healthy

  28. Lift weights

  29. Go to a counselor

  30. Spend 48 hours alone

  31. Avoid gossiping

  32. Take dancing classes

  33. Learn to rock climb

  34. Do something that has a positive impact on the world

  35. Climb Mt. St. Helens

  36. Run a 10k

  37. Learn to play the guitar

  38. Stay at a healthy weight

  39. Spend a couple of years as a financial advisor

  40. Help people learn to save

  41. Be the best friend you can

  42. Clean more

  43. Live in the moment

  44. Quit Amazon.com

  45. Drive down the coast of Baja

  46. Go to the Olympics

  47. Learn/try to surf

  48. Meditate – Live mindfully

  49. Read part of the Bible

  50. Study religion



4 comments:

Sabari folk said...

I like your list. I have one from before I met Nate and I might have to dig it up...that could be interesting! I want to know how you made the collage of photos and made the border - it is making me nuts trying to figure this out!

One Love Photo said...

I LOVE YOU! You have done really good with your list! You have inspired me to find my old lists in my journals that I wrote in 2001... Things I have Done/Things to Do. We went to Mexico in March of 2000 so I think my list was created just a little later than the one you posted. I can't believe how long and detailed your list is...I am much more vague (playing it safe) By the way you need to BOLD #41 and Jon wants to help you out with #37. Great post/Great list!

One Love Photo said...

By the way it is so Awesome that you have climbed two mountains and found true love!

Anonymous said...

What was going on 2000-2001 that made us all create "life to-do's"? That's when I wrote mine! I put it up today. Your list is fabulous. I should steal some of them to put on my list.