Thursday, December 6, 2007

What a difference a year makes!

One year ago, I was fighting bears and sleep deprivation. Working in Lake Tahoe at a boarding school, trying to keep my head above water among a bunch of crazies. Crazy kids, even crazier headmistress and headmaster. I have never been so happy to pack my stuff and get out in the middle of the night. I was proud of how hard I worked and that I knew when to call it a day. A year later, I am working in a job that is challenging and I learn everyday. And the job is actually in the same town as my husband, house, and animals. Of course, there isn't a constant battle with bears. You'd think they would have control of that after 25 years of running a school. But I guess when your not dealing with a full deck, it is hard to keep the kids in and the bears out. At least it is not on my conscious anymore.

No comments: