Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flipping


I was flipping through everyone's blogs as I often do before dragging myself to work (I know I should be there right now, but I am letting the roads warm up - Yesterday I barely made it to work since they don't plow the roads in Sunnyside) when I saw the amazing photos on Heather's blog. More importantly, Heather's wish to be a performer. It reminded me of when Heather convinced me to sign up for gymnastics class so that we could learn to do back handsprings. Heather's selling point was, "Wouldn't it be cool if you could do back handsprings to get your mail when you are older?" I don't think I ever mastered the back handspring when I wasn't on a trampoline and I certainly don't bust out a few of them to get my mail. Maybe someday. And what would life be if we hadn't tried. The phote is from a failed attempt to summit Mt. Adams. I wasn't really that disappointed not getting to the top. Maybe someday. As you can see from the picture, the view is heavenly. "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly," Robert F. Kennedy said. I think if I have a child their middle name will be F.

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

You were pretty close to mastering the back handspring back in the day. I think we should have signed up for another round of classes and we would have pulled it off. Being able to flip over backwards would definitely help me out when I try out for the Fire Dancer Squad!