Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Here's our puppy!


Please see Puppy Rescue as I don't want you to think this puppy lives with us. This is what the add says about him (I would have named him something else like - Mr. Puppy):

Oreo was found in the road, and brought to our vet's office.Of course we made room for him here! He is NEUTERED and vaccinated and dewormed. He's a very PEOPLE friendly, people oriented dog. He looks like he's part Springer Spaniel and part Labrador. These two breeds are commonly bred these days, unfortunately, and called 'Labradingers'. Hybrids are nothing but mixed breeds, remember, which can be found readily at your local shelter, like this one. Sadly, people tout them as 'rare' or 'exotic' and ask exorbitant prices for them. (Of course if you're considering rescue, I am preaching to the choir but I could go on about how sad this practice is!)He's fine with other dogs and cats, he's young enough to be trained to get used to most animals. $150 adoption fee for Oreo. If interested in adopting this pet please visit http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10132246.

I am so happy! Damon is happy he didn't find him - he said we would have a new puppy. I know this little guy will find a good family and I will be watching to see when he gets adopted. Put good thoughts out for him. We have our hands full with our own munchkins - there isn't room on the animal couch for another - right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, Cory! Cam is going to be so jealous - he wants a new dog so badly. I just can't do it yet. I'm happy for the new addition to your family. Is there going to be enough room in the car?